To defend against the fireballs launched daily at our vulnerable walls, these are some buttresses that keep the building standing…
The Usual Supports:
- therapists (psychiatrists, analysts, shrinks, witch doctors)
- spiritual advisors (priests, ministers, rabbis, imams, gurus, senseis)
- psychics (soothsayers, astrologists)
- 12-step programs
- self-help books
- praise music
- bubble baths
- vitamin supplements
- furry pets
and here are...
The Less Usual Supports:
- ex-bosses (the ones we left on good terms with)
- Zumba teachers
- auto mechanics
- supermarket cashiers
- letter carriers
- tech support teams at the Soho Apple Store
- department store make-up artists
- guided meditation
- Tom & Jerry cartoons
- chewing gum
- non-furry pets
God defies categorization. She manifests in all these.
Tap into whatever supports keep your citadel upright until the fireballs burn out. You can also counterattack with buckets of hot oil.
Did any special supports of yours go unmentioned? Leave a comment so we can pool our wisdom!